June 20, 2010
The launch of Windows SharePoint Services has made it easier for corporate organizations to ensure team collaboration through a scalable, secure, enterprise-level portal. All the information is collected and organized at a single place, making it easy to find relevant data quickly. Team members and site managers can coordinate to work on projects, documents, announcements and other activities.
Functions of SharePoint
- Single point access to information provides an integrated portal to team members. This leads to better decision-making and collaboration.
- Page and document changes can be instantly declared through subscribed alerts.
- It is very convenient and flexible for users who access the SharePoint portal with personalized content and layout.
- All team members can enjoy easy personal and public views of information, applications and documents. This encourages collaboration with coworkers, partners and clients.
- Standardized templates provide for best-practice SharePoint sites along with simplified site and document editing via integrated Microsoft Office applications.
SharePoint for Work Management
With excellent flexibility and high level of functionality, SharePoint allows team members to execute tasks quickly, share information and maximum productivity through greater collaboration. The main advantages of using Microsoft SharePoint include the following:
Better productivity can be achieved through SharePoint sites that get rid of time, place and technical limitations. On the other hand, team members get a reliable, affordable and flexible method of increasing productivity. Workspace site creation is also enabled through flexible user management and in-built templates. A single, password-protected site gives constant access to team information and documents.
SharePoint empowers easy gathering and sharing of information, ideas, documents and communication among team members. It also has features that enable surveys’, discussions and document collaboration. Web browsers as well as client supported web services can be used to access content of the site.
Individuals can locate documents, read and edit events, assignments and communicate with clients and project leaders through SharePoint. Other useful features include alerts, calendars, appointments, etc.
Centex Technologies provides Web Development services for clients across the globe. Contact Us today for a free quote.