November 22, 2010
Well, Christmas is around the corner and most of the online businesses are busy gearing up for the huge online sales. It is important to plan your marketing budget well in advance and segregate it for different promotional mediums. The planning for the same starts right from August.
Here are few tips for promoting your business this Christmas.
- Utilize Google Adwords as much as you can. Google Adwords is a source of instant web traffic. With Adwords, you can target your customers effectively. You can also use Yahoo Search Marketing and MSN AdCenter for promoting products across the net.
- Plan Social Networking campaigns. Social Networks like MySpace and Facebook are new and one of the preferred business promotion mediums. You can promote your products and business on various “Groups” and “Pages”. Creating company’s page on such networks and adding people to it is a new and effective way of promoting business.
- Utilize online shopping engines like Google Merchant Center, Bizrate.com, Shopzilla.com, Shopping.com, Commission Junction etc for promoting your products in cost effective way. You can easily upload CSV files containing information about your individual products to these engines. These engines are easy to use and have high ROI.
- Local Businesses should optimize themselves according to the latest changes in Google Places. Google Places has emerged as one of the most relevant and profitable medium for businesses working within small area.
- For Christmas, business owners should come up with attractive deals for customers. They should promote their deals effectively. They can do so by buying advertizement space for banners and text ads across relevant websites.
- Promotional email mailers to existing customers with latest deals and promotional codes should be sent by first week of December.
- You can also adopt viral marketing techniques like running an online contest or promotional games etc to promote your business and products.
As an online merchant, you should make sure that your website is in top condition. You should check if:
- All products are arranged properly on the website.
- Products have appropriate Title and Descriptions.
- Search Function of website works well.
- Payment processing through multiple mediums work without any error.
- Your web hosting server is of good quality and can take huge loads.
- Your domain emails are not blocked by ISPs
These few tips and checks would ensure that your business runs smoothly and you earn good profits this Christmas season. For more information on how you can promote your online business, feel free to contact us at Centex Technologies (Phone No – 254 – 213-4740 )