August 13, 2012
Most business owners who wish to have an online presence, but aren’t sure of how to get started, end up facing the dilemma of a customized web design versus a website template. This decision is an important one to make, since it is what determines what your business looks like when a customer first visits your website. The effect of how presentable your website is is similar to that of an office space in the real world. Not only does an attractive and well-built website look professional and credible, but it also makes the browsing experience better for your customers.
Custom web design-
- A customized layout that isn’t being used by any other business.
- Search engine friendly background coding- This can be ensured by hiring an experienced web designer, and will be of immense help in your SEO strategies later on.
- You can tell your website designer of future plans, and ensure that he leaves scope for accommodating them in future, in case you cannot afford them with your current budget.
- You can include any particular features that you would like to have in your website, which is usually not possible with a website template.
- This might be slightly more expensive and time-consuming than a website template.
- If you do not have knowledge of website coding, you will need to have a content management system incorporated into the website.
- These are suitable for companies that wish to have an online presence on a shoestring budget.
- A website template has a much shorter development time than a customized website, which means that you can go live within hours.
- You can make use of the color combinations and layouts in a website template for getting inspiration while designing a customized website.
- The design you choose is already going to be in use by several other companies.
- It is very difficult to incorporate any customized features into a template. Even though you might incorporate some original graphics or content, a template always runs the risk of breaking down.
- If the background coding is not done from a search-engine perspective, this can be detrimental to your SEO efforts in the long run.
- Antiquated coding in a website template might prevent it from working well in all browsers.
Centex Technologies provide Customized Website Design And Development Services in Austin, Dallas and Killeen regions. For more information on the same, feel free to contact on our toll free number – (800) 236-1497