May 25 2012
Social media has revolutionized the definition of online marketing, becoming a must-have for every SME, as well as individual. Even though some might criticize it as an invasion of privacy and a wastage of time, the bottom line is that of you are not a part of social media, you practically do not exist- at least for the millions of internet users logged in to these networks. Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest are some of the leading names in social networks/ media. Even if you look to promote your business locally in Austin or Dallas, social media can be of immense help. Here’s a look at how having an active presence on these networks can be beneficial to you:
- Online visibility– The biggest benefit of social media, from a businessman’s point of view, is the fact that it introduces your prospective clients to your business. It is almost like a free advertizement reaching out to millions.
- Customer feedback– The feedback that a customer will give you on your social media profile is likely to be a lot more casual and honest, then if say, you asked him to fill a feedback form. You can make the most of this, by listening to what your target users are saying, and making efforts to improve your business. Specially in closely knit local markets of Austin or Dallas, referencing can be of great benefit.
- Visual updates– The impact left by an eye-catching photograph is much more than that created by a block of text. Social media lets you bank on this fact, by serving as a platform where you can regularly update pictures of your latest products or services, and let your users know what’s on offer.
- Engaging customers via personal interaction– Once a prospective customer adds you to their social media profile, your battle’s half won. Now, all that you have to do is figure out a way to keep them engaged. This could be via an online poll, contest, or simply a discussion. By encouraging customers to interact on a personal level, you increase the chances of customer loyalty.
- Personal profile– Social media is also an immensely useful tool for “marketing oneself”. If you, as an individual, have any special skill that you would like to share with prospective employees, you could use social media as a platform to showcase your work, and reach out to them, which would have been very difficult else wise.
Overall, social media is a necessary evil, which can be as good or as bad as you make it to be. Use it smartly, ethically, and most importantly, regularly, and you’re on the highway to success!
We at Centex Technologies provide social media marketing services which include managing social media profiles and placing advertizements according to demographics of target users. For more information on our SEO, Internet Marketing, Web Development and Website Designing services call us at Killeen (254-213-4740) or Dallas (972-851-7878) Office.