January 19, 2013
As a business owner, you are probably aware of the vast pool of potential customers for your business present online. However, the challenge lies in getting your business noticed by these customers, and giving them a reason to choose your business over the thousands of your competitors. To be able to successfully do this, you need to devise a unique strategy that will give you that much-needed competitive edge.
While universal strategies like website development and SEO must be adopted by any business willing to engage in online marketing, when it comes to attracting potential customers, the key lies in effective communication. Enlisted below are the most effective ways of getting in touch with these customers and finding ways to establish a link of communication with them-
- Twitter- If you are looking for a way to make your word reach out to hundreds of potential customers without having to make much of an effort, Twitter could be the best tool for you. By following people’s Twitter feed and getting them to follow yours, you can use your tweets to gain their interest in your business.
- LinkedIn- With LinkedIn being solely dedicated to professional connections, there is a much greater chance of you meeting the right customers for your business on this site. The great thing about LinkedIn is that it establishes links with people you have in common, which makes it a lot easier to start communicating with strangers you might be interested in.
- Marketing lists- Marketing lists can help you find potential customers whom you can then get in touch with via email, or add to social networking sites. Promotional companies are good ways to gain access to the contact details of these customers.
- Forums and directories- Both these tools are categorized, which means that you can find people who are relevant to your business, and filter out the insignificant searches. You can easily find forums by searching on Google, and then you can respond to various queries posted there and join relevant discussions.
- Google +: Despite being relatively new in the social media world, Google+ has quickly gone on to gain popularity among business owners, and with good reason. The main search bar on Google+ allows you to search for relevant clients and add them to your circles, after which you can begin communicating with them.