November 29, 2013
Like all other niche businesses, travel websites also have to face immense competition, making it important to adopt an industry-specific strategy while promoting these websites. With the number of travel websites growing by the day, it is important to adopt aggressive marketing tactics to ensure that you not just stay in the competition, but also rise to the top of it. Considering that more than 70% of people look up information on flights, travel destinations, hotel bookings, and other travel paraphernalia online, a travel website, when promoted correctly, has great scope.
The following tips guide you on how to promote your travel website and make the most of it:
- Content is definitely the king when it comes to a travel website. You want to make sure that your visitors get useful and accurate information when they visit your website. The information should be precise, easy-to-navigate and comprehensive. Users should view your website as their single resource for all the travel information they need, which is not a mean task to achieve.
- Adding a travel blog to your website is a great way to keep users updated with the latest information from the world of travelling, and to interact with the network of fellow travel bloggers. Have experienced travel bloggers sharing content and images on your blog, and commenting on other blogs, to generate quality inbound links.
- Web 2.0 properties are a valuable asset for building an online brand image for your travel website. Make the most of all these resources, right from blogs, forums, and article marketing sites, to Squidoo lenses and other social media sites like Pinterest and Instagram. Make sure that you have a well-planned and systematic social media strategy in place. Your goals should be to increase the visibility of your brand name among your audiences, to the greatest extent possible.
- If you haven’t yet adopted responsive web design, do it now. The last thing you want is people opting out of your website because they cannot view it on their mobile devices.
- The key to a successful travel website is to have consistent marketing efforts. You might have a great idea today, and apply it to spread the name of your brand, but it is of no use unless you keep coming up with such great ideas, and make sure that people associate your brand with reliable travel guidance.
We at Centex Technologies, provide internet marketing solutions to travel websites. For more information, call us at – (855) 375-9654