October 12, 2012

When used appropriately, Twitter can be a great tool to initiate and manage business relationships, tackle customer issues, and even strike new business ties. With the use of Twitter among business owners increasing at a rapid pace, it is becoming more important than ever to work on effective ways to manage one’s online relationships on this social media network. The following tips let you know how to manage Twitter relationships for your business profile, and make the best of this platform-

  • Use your real name- A common mistake that people make while using Twitter is failing to enter their real name in the “name field”. You might be using a name like say “@toddmartin”, but people will still search for you as Todd Martin, with a space. So make sure that’s the information you provide. If you are using Twitter for an organization, be sure to mention the company’s name under “user name” and “profile bio”.
  • Tweet carefully- While it might be easy to get people to follow you on Twitter, the real challenge comes in finding ways to make sure they don’t regret their decision. Tweet carefully, making sure you are updating them with interest-worthy information, instead of bombarding them with petulant sass about what you are for breakfast that morning.
  • Do not resort to self-promotion- As tempting as it might be, make sure that you are not using your Twitter profile for blatant self promotion. That should occupy no more than 10% of your tweets, with the remaining 90% being focused on your followers. It is a good idea to share useful resources and opinions of others through Twitter, and use the site to engage in conversations with other users.
  • Be authentic- Do not bring product promotions in the middle of a conversation or take every opportunity to insert a link to your website or an offer. While that’s definitely part of the game, be sure to go about it as subtly as possible, to avoid making people feel that you are shoving it down their throats.
  • Say no to automated messages- The last thing that anyone would want is an automated thank you message for following a user. A much better idea would be to take out the time to send a personal thank you message with the user’s name at its top. This simple gesture could make a whole world of difference.

We at Centex Technologies provide SEO and Internet Marketing Services to our clients in Austin, Killeen and Dallas Tx. For more information, call us at (800) 236-1497