September 29, 2015
The word ‘cloud’ has gained much popularity in the past few years. Cloud computing essentially means storing all your electronic files, software, applications, documents, programs and data over the internet, instead of your computer’s hard drive. Considering the virtually endless benefits it offers, majority of businesses are switching to cloud computing to make the most of this service.
If you are also considering moving your business activities to cloud, here are some of the important things that you should know:
- Different Versions: Cloud computing services can be availed in different versions. Among them, the most common are Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS). In the former one, you need to pay a monthly fee to store your applications and files on your cloud provider’s servers. On the contrary, in IaaS, the users can have a direct access to their servers and data centers. This service operates on a pay-as-you-go basis, i.e. the users are charged according to the space they use on the virtual machines.
- Less Burden On IT Staff: Your IT staff spends a good deal of time on maintaining, troubleshooting and updating the equipment in the office. However, with cloud computing, all these tasks can be outsourced to your provider. This will help to reduce burden on your IT staff and allow them to focus on other tasks critical to the success of your business.
- Better Accessibility: With cloud computing, you can have complete access to your files and important documents from anywhere at any time. All you need to have is an internet connection and a compatible device. You do not need to be present in the office to handle the business activities.
- Unlimited Storage Capacity: When you store your applications on cloud, it eliminates the issues concerning exhausted storage space or expanding data centers. The users can anytime increase the storage capacity according to their requirements.
- Flexibility: As cloud computing services are charged on a monthly basis or according to the consumption of space, it offers a greater flexibility to companies. For instance, if your business witnesses high and low phases during certain times of the year, you can easily match the capacity of cloud storage to suit your needs. With this, you can also make huge savings on your company’s IT finances.
For more information about the benefits of cloud computing, you can call at (855) 375 – 9654.