April 4, 2011
Though the concept of SEO may be a bit complex, there are few strategies that one needs to practice prior to starting any SEO related activity. The following elementary principles are quite significant for every web page or a site for which you are performing optimization:
- Prefer not to buy any domain unless you really have to. For starting any new business venture, it is always advisable to use an existing domain that has already has achieved Google’s trust. Age of a domain name plays a significant role in indexing of new content. For a new domain, of course one will need to start the SEO and indexing process from the start.
- It is suggested that one should not perform optimization for the search engines solely; rather optimization should be done by keeping in mind the target audience. The search engines look for the pages that according to them (search engine algorithms) are best suited and have most relevant information for the keyword phrases that user types in the search box. If those search phrases are related with your website content, then it is quite possible that your website will rank well on search engines. The aim of search engines is to provide the best information to end users so you must optimize your website with users in mind.
- Don’t forget to research your keyword phrases extensively. To determine the suitable phrases to optimize for, employ research tools like Keyword Discovery, Word tracker or Google’s Keyword Tool. Accumulate the lists of the most relevant phrases for your website, and then select a couple of different ones for each page. Never strive for general keywords like “doctor” or “holiday”, as they are seldom indicative of what your website is all about.
- Strive to make your website “crawler-friendly“. Search engine normally do not like the dynamic pages. Make it a point to utilize HTML coding and avoid dynamically developed pages as far as possible. If you are creating dynamic websites, use SEO friendly CMS.
- Label all the internal text links and provide alt tags to the images as distinctly and descriptively as possible. Do not make your users to suppose what is at the other end with links that read “click here” or any other non-descriptive words. Try to be as descriptive as possible.
- Write compelling content for the key pages of your website depending on your selected keyword phrases and your projected audience’s demands. Ensure that this content is easily viewed by the search engines.
- Make sure that your website is “link-worthy“. The other websites that link to yours constitute a vital part of the SEO campaign. This is due to the fact that all of the major search engines lay a good deal of emphasis on your internet site’s overall link popularity.
- Usage of title tag, description and Meta tags in the sections of your HTML is quite necessary. Create unique and keyword rich title tags. Description should also be provided when performing optimization. Build a description based on your website content and keywords. Last but not the least, if you are not making use of Meta tags in your web page, you may miss out some valuable traffic.
Centex Technologies provide many effective SEO packages. To know more about the same, contact us at Toll Free: (800) 236-1497.