August 9, 2013
Venturing into the world of social media is an exciting step for most companies, as it promises of boosted revenues and a whole new channel of exposure. While the dramatic boost in customers brought about by social media might not always be as evident as expected, there is no denying that social media is the most powerful tool in the present-day scenario of internet marketing. The following points highlight the major benefits for companies opting for social media networking as an internet marketing strategy:
- Social media networks give you a chance to build a desired brand image, deciding what you want people to think about your brand. This tool gives you a chance to be consistent and creative, and hence reach out to customers with a renewed approach on a daily basis.
- When used correctly, social media can serve as one of the most efficient traffic generators. Sharing your website content including blogs, videos, etc. on social media channels leads users to your website. You can then inspire them through several click-to-actions, such as signing up for your mailing list, making a purchase, scheduling a consultation, etc.
- Investing in social media promotions can be all that you need to gain a significant competitive edge in your industry. Chances are that your competitors are not taking their social media marketing initiatives that seriously, which could give you a chance to capture a wider range of audience.
- A key advantage of social media from the marketing perspective is that of repeated exposure to the product or service being sold, which helps to shorten sale cycles. Marketing sense reveals that the average times a customer needs to be exposed to a product 5-6 times before they decide o buy it. Social media helps to create these exposures.
- Being active on social media networks automatically makes you influential, and lets people know that you have arrived. Once you establish yourself as an authority in your field people will turn to you for advice and to know of the latest trends in your field, which will develop a loyal fan following for your business.
- Last but not the least, are the “Big Wins” that come from social media networking. These might not happen every day, but when they do, they definitely make the efforts worthwhile. These could include an interview with a major media outlet, a significant business contract with someone who found you through LinkedIn, etc.