March 14, 2013
Local SEO is the next big thing, and small businesses in Austin,TX that aren’t focusing on building local citations are running a risk of being left far behind in the race. With a whopping 20 percent of Google’s searches being local ones, and the numbers surging with the increased use of mobile devices, local SEO is no longer just an option. We are all familiar with search results showing only the top ten organic listings, which emphasizes the need for creating local citations.
The following guidelines highlight the most effective way to work on these citations and make them work for your business in Austin, TX-
- Local Austin TX Based Directories- There are hundreds of directories available on which you can add your Austin-based business. These directories serve as aggregators for Google, and when these listings converge, you have a well-rounded local SEO strategy. You can find the best local directories for your industry by searching for Austin, TX + your industry on Google. Apart from getting listed in these directories, it is also advisable to be listed in leading directories like Yelp, Insider Pages, Angie’s List, Yellow Pages, etc.
- Take a cue from your competitors- Paying attention to what your competitors are doing is a useful strategy in all types of SEO. This is particularly true for local SEO, where just searching for your competitor’s name with their phone number and address in quotation marks, can bring up pages worth of useful links on which you can create citations for your business.
- Social media- Needless to say, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media networks are the one place that you cannot afford to be absent from. Make sure that you provide your accurate business information on your pages on these sites, and also look into options for localized advertizing on social media.
- Local blogs- Local, Austin-based blogs are another great way to create local citations. It is a good idea to focus on blogs specific to your industry. Once you have these blogs covered, you can also move to national blogs to further your reach.
- Offline citations- The interesting thing about local SEO, is that it doesn’t have to be limited to online efforts. There is a lot that can be done in the real world too, right from attending meet-ups and organizing events to getting noticed by the local media.
For SEO Services in Austin TX, visit us at Centex Technologies – (855) 375-9654