Artificial intelligence (AI) has unlimited potential and its applications are far reaching. It has made a positive impact in the field of education too. AI has changed the traditional approach of learning by making education more accessible to students as well as automating various learning tasks.
Let us understand in detail the ways in which AI impacts education sector:
- Automating Administrative Tasks: AI has helped education sector by expediting the administrative tasks. It is being used to perform tasks like evaluating & grading the homework, measuring student responses, etc. This not only helps in saving time and effort of teachers as well as evaluators but also paves the way for creating more systematic and organized records. Machines such as OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) reader are already being used to grade tests with multiple choice questions. However, soon there will be machines that will reduce human effort and would be able to check descriptive response work as well. This will streamline the administrative processes and reduce the workload.
- Create Smart Content : With AI, it is possible to create digital content with the same competence as humans. Ever since AI has entered the classrooms, the traditional outlook has undergone a humungous change. From digitized textbooks, customizable learning, digital interfaces that condense the textbook content to audio/video content; AI has automated the whole process.
- Outside The Classroom Support: Students might need help with the academics post school, however teachers may not be available at that time. This is when AI based programs come to their rescue. Since the tools are quite advanced, they help students understand the basic concepts easily. AI based test modules can choose level and test content based on previous test results of the user.
- Virtual Lectures & A Learning Environment: Automation in the field of education has brought a major breakthrough. These days you can often find virtual human guides and facilitators who act like humans by using gesture recognition technology. Not only this, they respond to both verbal and nonverbal cues.
The digital environment that we persist in, has enabled learning through computer animation and social interaction with the character of the story. With the collaboration of education & augmented reality, virtual facilitators will soon become a part of modern classrooms.
- Enables Personalization: It is often a challenge for a teacher to keep pace with the learning speed of each student. However, AI enables a personalized teaching pattern by interacting and predicting the speed of each individual. Thus, the content presentation and speed is adjusted as per the student.
AI based classrooms are the future of education which will benefit students, teachers as well as administrators.
For more information, call Centex Technologies at (254) 213-4740.