August 28, 2012
With more than 900 million people having an account on Facebook, any business owner would not disregard the need for Facebook marketing. Although nearly every business seems to have a Facebook page, few are aware of what they should actually be doing to make Facebook work for them. But what’s even more important is knowing what not do while marketing your business on Facebook. Here are the most common bloopers made by business owners on Facebook-
- An incomplete profile- While constantly updating your page is a big part of the game, the basics are what you need to focus on initially. Do not leave fields blank, and instead fill out as much information as you can about your business. It also helps to have the same URL for your Facebook, Twitter, and website pages.
- Violating cover photo rules- The cover photo covers most of the screen when a user first visits your Facebook page, which explains why some users get over-enthusiastic in their attempts to make the most of it. Contact information, call-to-action buttons, and price information (like 40% off) are clearly forbidden in Facebook guidelines.
- Over-posting- With some businesses employing dedicated social media promoters for their Facebook page, they run a risk of overdoing the efforts, and ending up with frustrated followers, who are likely to get irked at the constant updates. It is much better to post something excellent once a day, or even every alternate day, instead of making do with average posts multiple times every day.
- Not giving users enough attention- Most business owners are too busy thinking of what to put up next on their pages, and in the process forget who they are actually doing it for. Appreciate your users’ interaction by responding to comments, not forgetting to tag their names in your comments.
- Posting irrelevant content- Just like on any other social networking site, it is plain silly to attract users with off-brand posts. Sure such posts might generate likes and shares, but at the end of the day it’s all about generating sales.
- Not making use of Facebook ads- Facebook ads have the power of targeting a selected audience, which is rare on any other means of advertising. If you have a Facebook page for your business, you might as well go that extra mile and put out some catchy advertizements.
For more information on how to market your business on facebook and other social networking medium, Call us at our toll free number -(800) 236-1497. We at Centex Technologies provide SEO Services, Internet Marketing, Pay per Click Advertizing services to our clients.