Posts Tagged Ecommerce
May 30, 2013
It is not an over exaggeration to say that e-commerce is rapidly going on to become “m-commerce”, with mobile devices serving as a major component of traffic to e-commerce websites. With the undeniable role of handheld devices as a shopping channel, it is becoming imperative for owners of shopping websites to optimize their mobile site designs, and monitor end-user statistics round the clock. Mobile commerce sales are expected to increase manifold over the next couple of years, accounting for a whopping 24% of retail e-commerce by 2016.
Needless to say, business owners have an exciting resource to tap in the form of mobile e-commerce, and need to be channelizing a major part of their efforts in this direction. The first step is to ensure that your website is optimized for mobile devices, whether this means creating a new mobile site, or changing the design of your current website into a responsive one. The biggest mistake that one can do is assuming that users shall adapt to their existing e-commerce website on their mobile devices. With all the well-optimized mobile sites to choose from, chances of that are bleak.
The prime focus while treading into the zone of mobile commerce should be to ensure optimal user convenience. You need to understand that users who are shopping on their handheld devices are not simply visiting your website, but are also comparing prices, looking for coupons, reading reviews, and performing a whole lot of parallel functions at the same time. You want to keep your web design as clean and light as possible, to ensure quick loading, easy call-to-actions, and absolute user friendliness. This ease of navigation could give you all the competitive advantage you need from a user’s perspective.
The two options that e-commerce website owners are faced with while trying to enhance mobile user experience are-
- Creating an altogether new mobile site
- Adopting responsive web design
The latter option is more feasible, as it makes it possible for companies to have a single website that adapts to whichever device it is being viewed on. While the upfront costs of implementing responsive web design might be higher than those of creating a mobile site, it saves significantly more in the long run. Now that mobile commerce is definitely here to stay and grow with each passing day, it would be prudent of business owners to take necessary steps to make the experience of their mobile users an optimal one.
November 10, 2011
An e-commerce website is generally established by business houses in order to provide online ordering and delivery of goods or services. E-commerce websites are also used to advertize and promote businesses among masses at a simple instant of a click. There are several aspects that go into the creation of an eCommerce website. There are multiple design features that need to be kept in mind while developing an eCommerce website as your business website is deemed to represent the image of your brand to web surfers and potential customers. It is thus essential to ensure that all necessary aspects are incorporated into your website to make it easily navigable and attractive for visitors.
The main element that needs to be decided while coming up with an eCommerce website design is the kinds of fonts and colors that you are going to be using for the text displayed on the webpages. This is not a simple decision and should never be left to chance as the way the text is inserted in your website can go a long way in encouraging visitors to stay and read the content. If you use fonts that are too large or too small or are in garish colors, you can end up alienating your customers as they are likely to find it difficult to read your website’s text. It is thus vital that you make use of standardized fonts in basic colors to sustain their interest.
Your ecommerce website should have a well defined layout and should be properly organized into different sections so that it is easier to navigate and customers can retrieve the required information quickly and easily. Everything should be categorized into different relevant headings so that all customers can figure out the elements present in your website and use them to make purchases. It is also imperative that you provide a FAQ section to answer frequently asked questions and queries of customers. This helps make your website more user friendly and hassle free. For answers that cannot be found in this section, there also needs to be a “contact us” section so as to be able to get in touch with your company for addressing other grievances of customers.
If you are planning to start a eCommerce website or thinking of revamping your existing website, then feel free to contact us on our Toll Free no - (800) 236-1497. We at Centex Technologies (Offices – Dallas & Killeen Tx) create user friendly ecommerce websites for our clients across the globe.
July 18, 2011
Google checkout is a service provided by Google that makes it simple for you to make payments for your online purchases. Users can save their debit or credit card as well the shipping information in their Google account so that they can easily make purchases at the online stores that are participating in it. Google checkout also puts forward protection from any type of fraud and also has an integrated page to track the purchases and its status.
Google checkout is an alternative method that can be used for buying online. Although it is primarily designed to process the transactions that involve digital and tangible goods, yet it can be used for other transactions such as subscriptions, services and donations. However, at present, one cannot make use of Google checkout to transfer money person to person.
For the buyers, Google checkout has turned out to be a secure, convenient and a fast way for online shopping. Google checkout has made it much easy to shop online by presenting a single log-in to make any sort of purchases all the way through the web.
Benefits of Google checkout to businesses
- Attract leads: Google checkout is itself a brand and a symbol of trust. Google Checkout logo acts as a seal of trust for online shoppers. If you are using Google Checkout for processing payments you are bound to get an increase in sales.
- Convert sales: When the clients skim over your web site, the efficient checkout process of Google checkout helps to reduce the cart desertion and convince the clients to purchase. If the buyers have already made use of Google checkout, all they have to do is to login their Google checkout account to make purchases from you. There is no need to re enter their shipping and payment details at every purchase they make.
- Processing: When customers purchase anything from you, you get a notification from Google about the order. This allows you to then process the order.
- Fighting fraud: The advanced tools of Google checkout help you to fight fraud by stopping any invalid orders from approaching you. You can also enjoy chargeback protection.
Thus, Google checkout provides you an easy, secure and convenient way of shopping online and saves you from any sort of hassles and frauds.
We at Centex Technologies provide complete eCommerce solutions including payment gateway integration with shopping cart. For more information on our eCommerce solutions, call us at 800. 236. 1497
December 27, 2010
If you are planning to start an online shopping business, the first thing that you will need to do is to create an eCommerce website that can help bring your products to customers. You can create a ecommerce website by roping in experienced web development company. The eCommerce website can be hosted on web servers by paying web hosting company a certain annual or monthly fee. The name of your website should be easy to remember and spell so that visitors do not experience any problems logging on to it. If you are creating an eCommerce website for the first time in order to give impetus to a new business, you should try to incorporate the following elements in your website:
- Online selling is a lot more social now days. As an eCommerce website, you should incorporate various available social media promotion tools within the website to effectively put your products across masses.
- There must be a well developed home page in colors that are not too garish and are in accordance with your products. This helps set the theme for the rest of the website. For example, if you are into the business of selling environment friendly products, you should keep the color of your homepage in different shades of green. There should be other buttons on the homepage that should be big enough to be seen by the average viewer and help direct visitors to other related pages.
- It is vital for an ecommerce website to have a detailed product catalog listing all the products that are on offer for sale along with the price that is being charged on them. The product id should also be affixed to each product to help identify them easily. The colors offered should be showcased with the option to see the particular product in all colors available.
- In today’s times, internet fraud and stealth of money has become quite common. This has made it necessary to have certain security features like SSL in place as potential buyers are going to be sharing their bank account and credit card details on your website while buying items. This also helps build you credibility among customers and makes it easy for them to purchase from you.
- You should incorporate features like affiliate system, auto product suggestions, newsletter, promotional codes in your shopping cart. It is beneficial for increasing the sales of your store.
The whole idea is to keep the eCommerce website simple and user friendly. Well planned ecommerce website can generate high business revenues and can make your online selling business a success.
We at Centex Technologies provide complete ecommerce solutions to our clients. We custom create shopping carts to generate personalized experience for users. For more information on our web development services, please feel free to call us at: (254)-213-4740