November 22, 2012
The iPhone has set a benchmark for all other smartphones in the market. Over the period of time, Smartphone usage has shown an increasing upward trend and is expected to boom in future. This clearly means that people will spend a lot of time surfing the Web on their mobile devices. Even online purchasing through mobile phones will touch a new high in the coming months. So this makes it important for you to have an effective strategy for making the visitor stick to your Website once he lands on it while browsing through his smartphone. To achieve the same, your website has to be in amalgamation with the mobile experience. So how do you achieve this sync? Read on to know some of the best tips that can help to make your site smartphone-friendly.
- You should design your website for a 340X240 pixel screen size. If you design a wider Web page (fixed width), mobile users will have to scroll sideways or zoom out in order to view the full page at once.
- Secondly, you should make use of the Web programs that will help to optimize your Website for smartphone browsers. For that, you can use various plug-ins that can optimize sites running on various platforms for mobile browsers. To make sure your website works well on mobile devices, you can hire an experienced Mobile Website Development Company that can easily help you in converting your Web based site to a mobile-friendly one.
- Attractive graphics definitely make your Website look trendy but can confuse the visitor if he is viewing your site on a small screen. Clear words should be used in navigation bars so that it is comfortable for the user to browse through various sections on his smartphone.
- Fourthly, you must remember that iPhones and related Apple devices are not compatible with Adobe Flash. So if you use flash, all your effort gone into making ‘cool’ graphics will go down the drain. In case your business demand is such that you cannot avoid Flash, you should go in for a streamlined, mobile-only version of your Website without flash.
- You must upgrade your Web hosting and cut down on the image size if you want to decrease the loading time of your Website on mobile devices. This is because most of the smartphone users do not use high-speed Internet connections while surfing on their mobile device. So, they might close your site if the downloading time is beyond their patience.
- Last but not the least, stay away from long passages of text. People going through your Website on their smartphones might find it difficult to read too much text at a stretch. For grabbing their attention, keep the text short and precise.
If you keep the above tips in mind, you will definitely be able to capture the attention of an online mobile user and get him hooked to your Website. We at Centex Technologies provide mobile application development and website design services to our clients in Austin, Dallas and Killeen areas in Central Texas.