Cybercriminals are skilled at exploiting how firms conduct their daily business operations. While the Covid19 pandemic was at its peak of causing havoc across the world, cyberattacks witnessed a 500 percent surge. As human factor is the weakest link in the entire cybersecurity domain, it is important to conduct Automated Security Awareness trainings to make employees aware of methods on how to safeguard assets from such attacks.
How to plan an automated security awareness campaign?
Fraudsters are excellent strategists, and they build phishing campaigns that are focused on a certain attack approach to increase their success rates. A security awareness campaign should also be planned to be automated over a 12-month period. This strategy should correspond to your employee’s role in planning, managing, and delivering the most relevant parts to the correct audience at the right time. Computerized and automated security awareness training must include the following aspects:
- Blogs for upskilling and reskilling
- Phishing emails that aren’t real to check employees’ alertness
- Online learning that is customized as per business requirements
- Surveys and skill-check quizzes to evaluate employees’ security awareness
- Risk evaluations and assessments for disaster resiliency of systems and networks
- Crucial Security and GRC (Governance, Risk management, and Compliance) Policies
Each of these factors contributes to employees’ gradual awareness of how security approaches and tactics function, as well as how security incidents can occur.
How the leadership will be able to determine the success of such training?
Simulated phishing that is automated and integrated with metrics and feedback cycles is important for training your personnel about phishing and social engineering techniques. These simulations teach your employees how to spot common fraudster tactics. This includes techniques such as BEC (Business Email Compromise), infection through malicious attachments, malicious URLs, spoof sites, and so on. vendor updates the templates used to replicate phishing campaigns on a regular basis to reflect any changes in the phishing landscape. An automated security awareness training provides a vital audit trail of immutable metrics & feedback. Data from the metrics and audit of awareness training across many touchpoints can be sent back into the awareness training to help it improve. These audit trails also aid regulatory defense in the case of a breach or during a compliance examination. Employee reactions to the mock phishing communication are automatically captured as part of the phishing simulation exercise. This generates measurements that reflect how well the training is going and allows the phishing templates to be tailored to improve overall phishing education.
Advantages of automated security awareness training campaigns
All stakeholders in the delivery, management, and end-user experience of cybersecurity awareness training benefit from the automation in the following ways:
- Increasing the organization’s resilience to cyberthreats
- Assisting in establishing a security-conscious work culture
- Procure buy-in and support for cyber security measures
- Improving the audit results and showing regulatory compliance
- Reducing human error and addressing security concerns
- Reducing the time and resources needed to organize an awareness campaign by creating a 12-month calendar of activities, identifying areas of overlap, and identifying user fatigue
- Control policies, phishing simulators, eLearning, and surveys from a central location
Automated security awareness training solutions actually do quite more than just impart knowledge; it also develops tangible cyber-hygiene skills and habits in employee staff. Such solutions and services help your company at every stage of improving your corporate security awareness journey. Leadership can envision the entire journey right from goal-setting to results-evaluation through actionable reporting and analytics. Simplified goal-setting, automated learning paths, and practical activities based on real-life circumstances all help participants and training managers achieve effective results and a successful outcome.
Centex Technologies provide state of the art cyber-security and IT systems for enterprises. To discuss requirements for your organization, you may contact at (254) 213 – 4740.