April 11, 2011
In the modern era, everybody is eager to get his business online to reach masses. For that purpose they need to hire a web-design company to create a website that represents their products and services. It is one of the common mistakes made by most of the web design and development companies that they do not incorporate the much needed SEO elements. This is due to the fact that most of the web design companies are not mindful of SEO-friendly designs. As a result, even after making an awesome website, the company does not make much profit. It is all due to weak SEO web design concept. This makes it important for you to always opt for a professional company that has exact knowledge about SEO elements to be incorporated in the website design.
Below you will find a few common SEO design mistakes that one must always avoid to attain Search Engine popularity:
- Extra usage of Flash: Adobe has made a lot of outstanding strides in getting its files readable, and should be applauded for it. But it must be noted that the text in the Flash files gets embedded into the images, which are not interpreted by the search engines. Most of the time, the search engine sees a big blank spot whenever Flash is exhibited, so it cannot judge how relevant a website is.
- Utilization of frames: Search engines also don’t like internet sites in frames as it is difficult for search engine spiders to examine and rank the website. The old hat coding impacts the reputation of the website and ends up in lowering down its rank within the search engines.
- Unnecessary usage of Graphics: Web crawlers do not acknowledge links that are made in graphics. They distinctly support links in text format, so whenever you need to make link, you should make it using the plain text format. For image links, proper usage of ALT tags should be done.
- Utilization of hidden text: Making use of hidden text is against the guidelines of the search engines. Search engines might ban such websites and this would result in an immediate disbarment from all the web crawlers.
- Lack of content on the home page: There are a few very big companies who think that they can get adequate search engine rankings with no need of supplying readable text to the website’s homepage. This is a huge mistake done by them. Content is what makes our websites readable for search engines and ideally, we should have keywords based content on the home page.
For hiring able web designers who very well understand the concept of both Web designing as well as SEO, choose Centex Technologies. We can be contacted at: Toll Free: (800) 236-1497.