September 29, 2014
In spite of the ever evolving techniques of search engine optimization, inbound links continue to be an imperative part of SEO campaign. Link building has a significant influence on the rankings of a portal in a search engine results page (SERPs). Portals that have been present and are active over the internet since a long time find it quite easy to attract substantial amount of traffic through links. However, new portals need new innovative tactics that can help them get the most out of link popularity building.
Here are some of the important ways that can help new portals capitalize on the technique of link building:
- Quality Content: The content can either boost or ruin a portal. You should make sure that you have creative and informative content on your portal. It should compel people to share it on social media, attract likes, comments and re-tweets. This will help you increase visibility and rankings of your portal online.
- Blogging: If you are planning to start a blog for your portal you should make sure that you connect online with other complimentary blogs, share ideas, tips and latest industry news. This will help you attract links in a much lesser time and will improve your visibility over the World Wide Web.
- Local Links: You must make sure that your portal is listed with local online directories such as Yellow Pages, Yelp etc. Direct links from these portals can be very appropriate for geographically specific topics and keywords.
- Be Social: Having an active presence on various social networking portals makes a lot of difference. Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn are the main sources of viral marketing and will allow you to add heaps of information and links to your portal which will help you build the credibility of your brand.
- Forums and Communities: You should share your content and ideas with people over the internet. There are a lot of communities and forums that can help you provide inbound links to your portal as well as the capacity to present yourself as credible and knowledgeable about the industry.
Link building, if properly and systematically utilized, can do wonders for your new portal. You must focus on attracting links that are related to your keywords and describe your business in the perfect way. However, it should be kept in mind that the links should be relevant and directed from a credible website.