October 7, 2016
Setting up a dedicated IT infrastructure can be quite complex and requires exorbitant investment. As a result, entrepreneurs are embracing cloud to facilitate file storage, data processing, accounting, business communication etc. However, many small and medium business (SMB) owners are uncertain of the benefits of cloud computing and are apprehensive about adopting this technology.
Given below are a few reasons why SMBs should switch to cloud computing at the earliest:
- Cost Reduction: One of the major advantages of cloud computing is that it offers significant cost savings to the SMBs. They do not have to incur an upfront cost on new servers and hardware. The initial costs for cloud computing are also minimal, as it is essentially a pay-as-you-go service. Through cloud computing, businesses can have access to advanced enterprise applications and productivity platforms even if they have a limited amount of capital to invest.
- Increased Data Security: Small and medium sized businesses often do not have round the clock monitoring, endpoint security and efficient disaster recovery strategies implemented. The cloud computing model incorporates strong encryption, filtering, patch management and cryptography techniques to make sure that your data is completely secure.
- Scalable: SMBs usually have limited IT requirements at the time of start-up. However, with time, there may be a need to upscale or downscale the computing resources at certain times. Most cloud service providers allow you to alter your resources as and when required, without having to make any major changes in your existing IT infrastructure.
- Flexibility: Cloud computing allows the employees to work more flexibly, irrespective of their geographic location. They can access important documents and data from anywhere anytime. All they need is a web-enabled device and an internet connection. They can also share files with other team members and stay updated about the status of each project. Many employers are now adopting Bring Your own Device (BYOD) policy which further adds to the functionality of the cloud computing.
- Equal Opportunities: Cloud has provided a platform for the SMBs to compete and stay at par with the large business firms. With access to the same advanced platforms and hardware as the competitors, it can reduce the overall IT workload. As they use the same resources used by established businesses, SMBs can efficiently direct themselves to the path of a faster success.
For more information on the benefits of cloud computing for SMBs, contact Centex Technologies at (855) 375 – 9654.