Robotic process automation (RPA) involves using a software that is programmed to do basic tasks just as humans do. It uses artificial intelligence & machine learning to handle high-volume & repetitive tasks that were originally performed by humans. The tasks may vary from solving queries, making calculations, record maintenance, sending receipt messages, updating a spreadsheet, etc. The RPA software is basically designed to reduce the burden of simple routine tasks.
Applications Of RPA
- Customer Service: RPA software helps in improving overall experience of customers by automating contact center tasks to provide better service.
- Accounting: RPA can be used to perform certain accounting tasks such as general accounting, transactional reporting, budgeting, etc. This helps in reducing human effort as well as saving time.
- Healthcare: RPA solutions can be used to handle medical records of patients, provide previous medical history, customer support, hospital account management & billing.
- Human Resource: Tasks such as filing & updating employee information, on-boarding & off-boarding, etc. can be handled by a software bot.
- Supply Chain Management: From procurement, order processing, monitoring inventory levels to shipment tracking, RPA can also be used for managing numerous tasks performed in the supply chain.
What To Look For In A RPA Software?
RPA Implementation Methodology
- Planning: The first step is to plan and list the tasks you want to automate.
- Development: In this step, the RPA software is developed as per the needs specified in the planning phase.
- Testing: The software is pre-tested to identify & correct the defects.
- Support & Maintenance: Support is needed even after a software goes live.
Benefits Of Resorting To RPA
- Cost Saving: Robotic process automation helps in significantly reducing costs as tasks that were earlier done manually can be automated using RPA software. This improves the overall process performance and revenues of the business.
- More Accuracy: Employees need to be very careful while performing a task because there are chances of inaccuracy. However, RPA automates the work which eliminates human errors & mistakes. This in turn, improves the quality & efficiency of work performed.
- Saves Time: Robots can perform tasks at a higher speed as compared to human workforce. This helps in reducing the time taken to perform a task.
- Gathering Insights: RPA software has the ability to gather, organize, analyze and provide valuable data insights to ease the process of planning & decision making.
- Simple: Training an employee consumes time whereas RPA solutions are programmed as per need of the business. It is very easy & flexible to operate.
For more information, call Centex Technologies at (254) 213-4740.