December 27, 2010
If you are planning to start an online shopping business, the first thing that you will need to do is to create an eCommerce website that can help bring your products to customers. You can create a ecommerce website by roping in experienced web development company. The eCommerce website can be hosted on web servers by paying web hosting company a certain annual or monthly fee. The name of your website should be easy to remember and spell so that visitors do not experience any problems logging on to it. If you are creating an eCommerce website for the first time in order to give impetus to a new business, you should try to incorporate the following elements in your website:
- Online selling is a lot more social now days. As an eCommerce website, you should incorporate various available social media promotion tools within the website to effectively put your products across masses.
- There must be a well developed home page in colors that are not too garish and are in accordance with your products. This helps set the theme for the rest of the website. For example, if you are into the business of selling environment friendly products, you should keep the color of your homepage in different shades of green. There should be other buttons on the homepage that should be big enough to be seen by the average viewer and help direct visitors to other related pages.
- It is vital for an ecommerce website to have a detailed product catalog listing all the products that are on offer for sale along with the price that is being charged on them. The product id should also be affixed to each product to help identify them easily. The colors offered should be showcased with the option to see the particular product in all colors available.
- In today’s times, internet fraud and stealth of money has become quite common. This has made it necessary to have certain security features like SSL in place as potential buyers are going to be sharing their bank account and credit card details on your website while buying items. This also helps build you credibility among customers and makes it easy for them to purchase from you.
- You should incorporate features like affiliate system, auto product suggestions, newsletter, promotional codes in your shopping cart. It is beneficial for increasing the sales of your store.
The whole idea is to keep the eCommerce website simple and user friendly. Well planned ecommerce website can generate high business revenues and can make your online selling business a success.
We at Centex Technologies provide complete ecommerce solutions to our clients. We custom create shopping carts to generate personalized experience for users. For more information on our web development services, please feel free to call us at: (254)-213-4740