March 30, 2013
In the modern age where information about everything, right from an individual to a company is available in just a single click, online reputation management has a huge role to play. As the owner of a company, it is immensely important to regulate and control the information that appears in search engine results for your company when existing or prospective clients. Right from customer reviews on high-ranking sites like Yelp to “companynamesucks” domains, there is a lot that needs to be considered while devising an online reputation management strategy for your company.
The following tips guide you on the dos and don’ts of online reputation management-
- Social media communication- Just creating profiles on all the leading social media networks is not enough. What is really important is paying attention to what people are saying about you on these sites, and showing your concern by responding and engaging in active communication.
- Company policy- While having a team of employees dedicated to your company’s online reputation management is a great idea, it can backfire in the absence of a well-defined company policy. If every employee deals with social media complaints and feedbacks individually, the inconsistency of these responses can work against the company’s reputation.
- SEO for your company’s name- The best way to make sure that people see what you want them to see when they search for your company’s name online, is to dominate your company’s name in search results. This can be done by simple strategies such as using your company’s name in HTML tags, title tags, your about us page, your website’s URL, etc. It is also a good idea to refer to your company in the third person whenever possible- for example, instead of “we are dedicated to providing” use “XYZ is dedicated to providing”.
- Diversify your online presence- When it comes to online reputation management, a key aspect is building your online presence. Right from blogging to being active on all major social media sites and getting listed in local directories, there is no end to the number of things that can be done to have a diverse online presence.
- Monitor your search results– The most important part of online reputation management is keeping an eye open for all that’s being said about your company, and having a strategy in place for dealing with negative comments. The best way to do this is usually to contact the creator of this content personally, and either find a way to change their opinion, or leave a comment describing how you plan to deal with the feedback.
We at Centex Technologies provide online reputation management in Austin TX, Dallas and Killeen areas.