Posts Tagged twitter
October 12, 2012
When used appropriately, Twitter can be a great tool to initiate and manage business relationships, tackle customer issues, and even strike new business ties. With the use of Twitter among business owners increasing at a rapid pace, it is becoming more important than ever to work on effective ways to manage one’s online relationships on this social media network. The following tips let you know how to manage Twitter relationships for your business profile, and make the best of this platform-
- Use your real name- A common mistake that people make while using Twitter is failing to enter their real name in the “name field”. You might be using a name like say “@toddmartin”, but people will still search for you as Todd Martin, with a space. So make sure that’s the information you provide. If you are using Twitter for an organization, be sure to mention the company’s name under “user name” and “profile bio”.
- Tweet carefully- While it might be easy to get people to follow you on Twitter, the real challenge comes in finding ways to make sure they don’t regret their decision. Tweet carefully, making sure you are updating them with interest-worthy information, instead of bombarding them with petulant sass about what you are for breakfast that morning.
- Do not resort to self-promotion- As tempting as it might be, make sure that you are not using your Twitter profile for blatant self promotion. That should occupy no more than 10% of your tweets, with the remaining 90% being focused on your followers. It is a good idea to share useful resources and opinions of others through Twitter, and use the site to engage in conversations with other users.
- Be authentic- Do not bring product promotions in the middle of a conversation or take every opportunity to insert a link to your website or an offer. While that’s definitely part of the game, be sure to go about it as subtly as possible, to avoid making people feel that you are shoving it down their throats.
- Say no to automated messages- The last thing that anyone would want is an automated thank you message for following a user. A much better idea would be to take out the time to send a personal thank you message with the user’s name at its top. This simple gesture could make a whole world of difference.
We at Centex Technologies provide SEO and Internet Marketing Services to our clients in Austin, Killeen and Dallas Tx. For more information, call us at (800) 236-1497
February 27, 2012
Twitter serves as a great platform for spreading the word about your company or any new product launches that you may have. It is one of the cheapest ways of advertizing about your business and getting concrete returns in the form of enhanced sales and profits. Twitter has thousands of followers and daily visitors that help ensure that your promotional efforts are able to receive the maximum visibility online. The chances of generating word of mouth publicity are also greatly increased when Twitter is being used as a promotional tool. Many companies are realizing the importance of having a presence on Twitter instead of simply concentrating on social networking websites like Facebook. Some of the promotional strategies that can be used for advertizing on Twitter are:
- The URL of your ecommerce website should be subtly incorporated into your Twitter feeds in ways that encourage users to explore your website. This helps makes potential customers aware of the existence of your company website that they can access in order to place orders for products or services.
- The title of your Twitter profile must be chosen carefully depending on your company name or brand name that is popularly known among customers. Choosing vague profile names that do not say much about the brand you represent can lead to a decreased visibility level for your brand.
- You should follow people related to your field of business or potential customers.
- You can also keep a check on the trends prevalent on twitter and utilize those to market your services or products.
- Certain keywords should be incorporated into your Twitter feeds so as to ensure that interested users are able to find their way to your profile page. The keywords that you choose to include must depend on research conducted using specialized software that helps you zero in on the most searched keywords. It must also be ensured that the keywords being used have a direct relationship with your business or product lines.
- There are several profile management tools offered that can be used to make your interactions with the public more interesting and effective like cotweet, Hootsuite, etc.
- Other useful applications like bulk messaging application can also be made use of in order to send direct information to users who may possibly be interested in your products.
To know how you can promote you website among masses, feel free to contact us at Centex Technologies. We have our offices located at Killeen (254-213-4740) and Dallas (972-851-7878) Texas.