Posts Tagged SEO
January 30, 2013
Most small and medium business owners today understand the need of internet marketing for their business, and strive to work on building a positive online presence for their enterprise. While building a website is the first obvious step to getting started on such a strategy, the real challenge lies in finding ways to draw a relevant audience to these websites. Most internet marketing experts would agree that it all boils down to two strategies- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and SMM (Social Media Marketing).
With the main focus in 2012 lying on cracking the Google updates, the technique of document sharing which was a big hit in 2010 and 2011 took a backseat. But now, with a new year kicking in, and the need for internet marketing strategies that actually work, it’s time to revisit this once popular strategy, which is arguably the most efficient content marketing technique out there. For the uninitiated, document sharing, as the name suggests, is a way to share documents with online users, using document sharing sites like docstoc, scribd, yuddu, slideshare, etc.
The best part about these websites is that along with being viewed as conventional websites, they are also compatible with mobile devices, which explains their immense popularity as a means of viewing documents on the go. There is no limit to the type of content that you can share on these websites. Right from ebooks to restaurant menus, you can put up just about anything you wish to, and it’s sure to reach the right audience to read it. The “embed” option on these websites helps to make these documents viral through syndication by news sites and other bloggers.
Speaking of slideshare, this website has quickly gone on to become one of the top 150 websites on the internet, with a whopping 3 billion slides being viewed on it every month! If you are planning to turn to this website to market your content, it is important to keep a few pointers in mind-
- Ideal number of slides per presentation= 19
- Ideal number of words per slide= 24
- Ideal number of pictures per presentation= 19
Using document sharing as a marketing strategy for your business’s content is undoubtedly one of the most effective ways to give a voice to your business. Just remember to keep the content brief, relevant, and informative!
January 7, 2013
If you have a website and it is not giving enough of business as you expected, then, possibly there are some problems which need to be fixed. The primary reason behind any web business falling out of place is always content, though other secondary factors also come to play pivotal role at one or the other point of time. SEO strategies based on content hold the significance in increasing the outcome from web business. Content is comprehensive term, which comprises videos, images, audio, text, PDF etc. Each of these content media elements hold the importance and are used for various SEO purposes.
- Text along with appropriate use of keywords will work as potential bait for the crawlers. The crawlers will always look for the keywords within content and send across the search results when the user types the keyword(s) in field box. SEOed text will also provide the information to the individual who is actually looking for knowledge related to his field or subject. Keep in your mind that while incorporating keywords in text, you should not make excessive use of targeted terms or else your website/ business will be marked as spam. It is important that you make an effective use of white hat SEO practices as this would lend better and prolific chances of survival.
- Using pictures/images with tag lines will help in ranking your business on the internet. Owing to the very nature of search engine algorithms, pictures themselves are not ranked in the search engine results. However, by tagging the images, definitely, the prospects of ranking your business in the popular search engines will increase substantially. These pictures do show up in “image” section of Google for related terms.
- With the help of text based PDF editor; it becomes pretty easy for the search engines to read and index PDF files and as the result possibilities of high search engine rankings becomes obvious. You can set the PDF document properties like title, description, author info, copyright, besides integrate specific keywords that will define the content in the PDF.
- Audio files can also be SEOed to increase the possibility of ranking of your website. For this purpose, you can always go for transcription of spoken content into RSS feed. ID3 tags can also be used to optimize audio files.
- The Video content optimization using various video directories and even on your website can be carried by making proper use of tags.
At the end, by making use of all the content media, your web business will see a smooth rise over period of time. We at Centex Technologies provide SEO services in Austin, Dallas and Killeen Texas.
July 19, 2012
Geo-targeting is an SEO technique that focuses on making your business location clear to search engines, and hence figuring in searches done in regard to that particular location. This is an especially useful tool for local businesses that do not have a global business set up, and can significantly help to propel you higher on Google. As a user on Google, you have probably noticed that the ads and search results that you see on your web pages are relevant to your location.
Google utilizes its ability to geo-locate to make that possible. When this approach is looked at the other way round, from the point of view of the websites that figure in these search results, the significance of geo-targeting becomes clear.
Enlisted below are a few simple steps that you can take to geo-target your website for Google search-
- Get a country-specific domain, e.g. .com.au, .ca, or .uk to make the country that you are based in instantly clear to Google.
- Make sure that your web hosting server is based in the same country that you are targeting. Some hosting providers may have offices in a certain country, despite actually being based overseas.
- Something as simple as the language that you use on your website can be used to gauge your location. So make an extra effort to ensure that the spellings/ grammar/ colloquialisms in your site’s content reflect your actual location.
- It is always useful to have in-bound links from local customers rather than overseas customers for geo-targeting your website. These could be any form of user-generated content like referrals or testimonials.
- One of the easiest ways to generate local traffic for your website is by submitting your website to local search directories. It is important to look at the directory’s quality and ensure that it is presentable before making a submission.
- Another great way to geo-target your website for Google is to include your name, address, and even pin code on the footer of each page on your website. Be careful not to overcrowd it with multiple addresses, but to create different pages for different locations instead.
- It also helps to include your location in the tag of your website. For instance, you should choose “Texas property dealer” instead of “property dealing services”. This also stands true for other meta content like your website’s title and description.
- You can also utilize Google’s webmaster account to let Google know about the location you wish to serve with your website.
If your potential customers are in your local area, you need to stop wasting time on achieving global search rankings, and make the most of geo-targeting. After all, it is the local customers who will eventually turn into loyal customers!
Centex Technologies is a Central Texas based SEO company that serves Austin, Dallas and Killeen regions. For more information on Internet Marketing in Austin, Dallas and Killeen, feel free to call us at our toll free no – (800) 236-1497
August 3, 2011
Winning the game of internet marketing is all about having a good understanding of your targeted customers. You need to know the basic demographics of your customers like – what is their age group, location, paying capacity etc. You might also need to have an insight of where to find your targeted customers. Once you know about these details, you can effectively use various internet marketing tools to generate traffic and ultimately higher sales.
In case you are a fresher to the concepts of internet marketing but do realize the importance it holds, you might want to use services of a specialized company to milk out the benefits associated with internet marketing. A specialized internet marketing company will work to understand your targeted customers and will find out ways to reach them effectively.
Like any other marketing technique, communication is of prime importance in internet marketing. Your business’s banners, advertizements, copy, portfolios, newsletters, press releases should be well formed and should convey the true benefits of your business to the potential customers.
There are various tools that can be used to plan an effective strategy for internet marketing. One of the best tools that can be used is the search results of Google.com. If your site is optimized for proper keywords targeting your audience, you can generate tremendous business by staying on top ranks. Various social networking tools like Facebook and micro blogging portals like Twitter also plays a substantial role in promoting your brand among the masses. Blogging is another tool that can reap you excellent rewards. A blog is favored by internet community and can be a good source for providing information to interested users. You can address various topics through blogs which can be beneficial for generating interest in your services. Paid advertizements, though costly but can prove to be a good source of generating traffic.
To make your campaign successful you will have to try various methods and adopt the best ones. With ever changing consumer trends and behavior of internet community, you have to keep on upgrading yourself to make sure you stay not only on top of your competition but always with your customers.
To plan your internet marketing campaign effectively, feel free to contact us at Centex Technologies Toll free – 800. 236. 1497.