Posts Tagged SEO Austin
April 29, 2013
Forum marketing has emerged as the go-to tool for savvy online marketers, who are willing to engage a relevant audience with minimal efforts. When done correctly, forum marketing can go a long way in building your Austin TX business’ reputation in the online world, and encouraging internet users to visit your website. The key to efficiently market your business on online forums is in choosing the right forums for your business. Most businesses make the mistake of wasting their time and efforts on forums that are not really worth it. Here are some of the top features to look for in a forum-
- It should have around 15-20 new posts every day, and should have at least 1000 members. The total number of posts on the forum should be around 10000.
- The forum should not be flooded with spam.
- Make sure the forum you are posting on has not been created by your direct competitor.
A good way to look for relevant forums is to search on hub sites like Board Tracker using the niche-specific keywords for your business. You can also ask people in your circle, such as employees and business associates, about the forums that they are active on.
When it comes to forum marketing, consistency is the key. Once you find a forum that meets your needs, waste no time in registering on it and becoming a member. Seniority plays a major role in determining your impact on most online forums. Also remember that forums should be viewed as a long-term marketing strategy, as opposed to a way to let word about latest advertising offer.
As insignificant as it might seem, your username and avatar on forums have a significant impact on how you are perceived by other members. Using your real name could be a good idea if it is strongly associated with your business. Remember to keep things simple and thoroughly professional. Also take out time to create an impressive profile on forums, with a clear description of what your business is all about, and what your areas of expertise and experience are.
Before getting active on forums, take out some time to get a sense of the community and understand the general tone of the forum. This will avoid you being shunned away as a newcomer. Make an effort to make worthy contributions to the forum, as this shall help to build your respect among the users, allowing you to gradually introduce more aggressive marketing campaigns.
March 24, 2013
With SEO being an integral part of the online marketing of any business, it is imperative for businesses to have a well-defined strategy to meet the SEO goals of the business. Many small and medium business owners in Austin TX question the need to hire an SEO consultant for this purpose. While this might seem as an unnecessary expense at first sight, the reality is that the benefits of hiring an SEO consultant by far outweigh its costs. Enlisted below are the major ones of these benefits-
- Expertise- The most evident benefit of hiring an SEO consultant for your Texas-based business is that you get to benefit from their expertise in the field. With all the technicalities and techniques involved in SEO, it makes a huge difference to have an expert working for you.
- White hat techniques- Relying on hearsay methods of SEO can have a dire consequence on your business, since most of these methods are black-hat ones. By adopting such methods, you run the risk of being de-indexed, and in some cases even completely banned by websites. Hiring an expert ensures that only white-hat techniques are applied to your website.
- All-rounded strategy- Hiring an SEO consultant for your business puts you at the advantage of having an all-rounded strategy designed for you. This means that the SEO techniques are applied in all aspects of the website, including the content and design, hence strengthening the very framework of your website, from an SEO perspective.
- Industry trends- Using an SEO consultant for your Austin TX business offers the benefit of having the latest SEO trends for your industry applied to your website. This is made possible by the persistent efforts of these experts to keep up with industry trends and to keep an eye on the strategies being adopted by your competitors.
- Time to focus on business- From an entrepreneur’s point of view, SEO consultation offers a major benefit of leaving you with sufficient time to focus on the core functionalities of your business. This is because SEO can be a particularly time-consuming effort, and hiring an SEO consultant helps to save this time.
- Higher Return on Investment- As a businessman, the biggest advantage that hiring an SEO expert offers, is that you have a better bottom line for your business. This is because the loss involved in going through a learning curve is eliminated, as tried-and-tested SEO methods with proven efficiency are applied in your business.
March 14, 2013
Local SEO is the next big thing, and small businesses in Austin,TX that aren’t focusing on building local citations are running a risk of being left far behind in the race. With a whopping 20 percent of Google’s searches being local ones, and the numbers surging with the increased use of mobile devices, local SEO is no longer just an option. We are all familiar with search results showing only the top ten organic listings, which emphasizes the need for creating local citations.
The following guidelines highlight the most effective way to work on these citations and make them work for your business in Austin, TX-
- Local Austin TX Based Directories- There are hundreds of directories available on which you can add your Austin-based business. These directories serve as aggregators for Google, and when these listings converge, you have a well-rounded local SEO strategy. You can find the best local directories for your industry by searching for Austin, TX + your industry on Google. Apart from getting listed in these directories, it is also advisable to be listed in leading directories like Yelp, Insider Pages, Angie’s List, Yellow Pages, etc.
- Take a cue from your competitors- Paying attention to what your competitors are doing is a useful strategy in all types of SEO. This is particularly true for local SEO, where just searching for your competitor’s name with their phone number and address in quotation marks, can bring up pages worth of useful links on which you can create citations for your business.
- Social media- Needless to say, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media networks are the one place that you cannot afford to be absent from. Make sure that you provide your accurate business information on your pages on these sites, and also look into options for localized advertizing on social media.
- Local blogs- Local, Austin-based blogs are another great way to create local citations. It is a good idea to focus on blogs specific to your industry. Once you have these blogs covered, you can also move to national blogs to further your reach.
- Offline citations- The interesting thing about local SEO, is that it doesn’t have to be limited to online efforts. There is a lot that can be done in the real world too, right from attending meet-ups and organizing events to getting noticed by the local media.
For SEO Services in Austin TX, visit us at Centex Technologies – (855) 375-9654
January 19, 2013
As a business owner, you are probably aware of the vast pool of potential customers for your business present online. However, the challenge lies in getting your business noticed by these customers, and giving them a reason to choose your business over the thousands of your competitors. To be able to successfully do this, you need to devise a unique strategy that will give you that much-needed competitive edge.
While universal strategies like website development and SEO must be adopted by any business willing to engage in online marketing, when it comes to attracting potential customers, the key lies in effective communication. Enlisted below are the most effective ways of getting in touch with these customers and finding ways to establish a link of communication with them-
- Twitter- If you are looking for a way to make your word reach out to hundreds of potential customers without having to make much of an effort, Twitter could be the best tool for you. By following people’s Twitter feed and getting them to follow yours, you can use your tweets to gain their interest in your business.
- LinkedIn- With LinkedIn being solely dedicated to professional connections, there is a much greater chance of you meeting the right customers for your business on this site. The great thing about LinkedIn is that it establishes links with people you have in common, which makes it a lot easier to start communicating with strangers you might be interested in.
- Marketing lists- Marketing lists can help you find potential customers whom you can then get in touch with via email, or add to social networking sites. Promotional companies are good ways to gain access to the contact details of these customers.
- Forums and directories- Both these tools are categorized, which means that you can find people who are relevant to your business, and filter out the insignificant searches. You can easily find forums by searching on Google, and then you can respond to various queries posted there and join relevant discussions.
- Google +: Despite being relatively new in the social media world, Google+ has quickly gone on to gain popularity among business owners, and with good reason. The main search bar on Google+ allows you to search for relevant clients and add them to your circles, after which you can begin communicating with them.