Posts Tagged Killeen
Feb 28, 2010
Security is of utmost concern now days. To tackle the issues with security, there are a variety of security systems for homes, offices and all types of buildings available in the market. Not just choosing the right kind of security system device is important but also proper planning and device installations is equally important. Compiled below is a list of a few of the many systems that are available for security needs of individuals as well as groups.
- Motion sensor security systems: Motion sensors are those kinds of security systems that detect any kind of movement in the home or on the property, when turned on. In a few cases, these systems use infrared light that detects changes in heat, bringing into use the concept of body heat. High frequency waves are another form of motion sensor.
- Acoustic sensor security systems: These sensors work on the phenomenon of minute sound detection like the sound of breaking glass. These sensors are made use of in homes and offices etc, near doors and windows which make use of glasses and house valuables. They are also extensively made use of in museums and exhibitions where valuable items are displayed in glass cases.
- Wireless security systems: These security systems as the name suggests, are wireless in nature i.e. free of any kind of chords or wires which may give up the security device before the thief. There are no wires which need to be hidden or done away with somehow. These wireless systems do not cause any hassle in installation, maintenance and utilization due to this quality of theirs.
- Digital security systems: These are the most widely used and the most efficient kind of security systems. The principle behind their working is coding-uncoding. These can be made use of to guard a particular area or any specific valuable item, for example, safes and vaults. These security devices need to be provided with a security code or a password which will be required to put in every time one needs to access them.
- Thumb print security systems: These security systems are generally used for doors and work by taking into account the thumb impression of individuals to be allowed entry. For operation, every time one needs to enter through that door, the same thumb impression would be required. It is mostly used for access to firms/companies to allow access to only employees and keep out outsiders.
For all kind of security devices and systems, Contact Centex Technologies. We provide state-of-the-art electronic security system in Killeen, Central Texas.
Feb 15, 2010
With expansion of business, there is a need of an intelligent and fast network of computers within a workplace. For that careful planning is required. Even when you have your network ready, you may encounter few networking issues in daily life. Here I have jotted down common networking issues encountered and methods to solve them.
Duplication of IP addresses : Every computer or a laptop on a network has a IP address. This is a unique set of numbers used to identify a particular machine. At times due to human error, two machines in the same network can get assigned the same IP address as a result “IP conflict” can occur which may hamper performance of those two machine on the network. To tackle that, all you need to do is to change IP address to make it unique within your network.
Problem in connectivity : Connectivity problem is the most common problem encountered in any network. It can occur due to number of causes ranging from loose connection to improper configuration of hubs, switches or routers. First thing to be done when you encounter connectivity problem is to check for the networking connection for your PC. If there is any disconnection, you will need to reconnect and test it. After checking the physical connections of your computer, check if common device’s (switch, hub or router) cabling is properly connected and you can view green light at the connection port. If there is still connectivity problem, then you may need to configure hub, router or switch as the case may be.
Software-related problems : Once all the physical aberrations have been taken care of, but your network is still not responding; you need to check the network for any kind of a software related problem which might range from WINS, DNS to even registry issues. You may need to alter the configuration or reinstall the software that has malfunctioned.
Slow connectivity : If you notice that your network is taking exceptionally long to function and the speed is very slow, it might be resulting from numerous network collisions. In poorly planned networks, this problem is quite frequent as the network gets flooded due to excessive simultaneous transfer of data and information. This problem can be tackled by using zipped and compressed files and folders to transfer heavy data and by using data travelers. This reduces the pressure from the networks and boosts its speed and functioning.
These are few common networking issues that are encountered in daily life. For expert networking solutions feel free to contact Centex Technologies. At Centex Technologies (Based in Killeen, Central Texas) we provide networking and system maintenance solutions to individuals, corporates and businesses.
Jan 17, 2010
GOOGLE is the name that strikes your mind first when you want to find something on internet. In true sense, Google is the synonym for internet. If you are looking for bakeries, florists, plumbers or even internet developers, all you need to do is to go to Google and search and find the right source to match your requirements. Google is the lifeline for businesses that are looking to be found by clients all over the world.
Generally a normal user would just browse through the first couple of pages in Google while searching for what they need. If they do not find what they want, they would in general experiment by changing or modifying the keyword they use for searching. Keeping this in mind Google brings up the most relevant searches on the first page for different keywords. For this, Google uses an algorithm which would measure the site on its relevance with the keyword being fed in by the user to get the best and the most relevant result on the first page.
Although Google’s idea is simple, the implementation hasn’t been that easy. There are many webmasters who keep researching on the Google algorithm and try to make changes to their websites according to what Google likes. This is a way to reach the first page of Google for a related key phrase. However, Google knows about such elements and to avoid such websites Google keeps changing their algorithm enabling such tricksters to keep making changes to their websites. The latest change that Google has made is very recent which has started taking effect January onwards.
Google has now emphasised on the way site code is written. Google wants the code of your site to be clean and easily read. In brief, Google wants you to keep the code (HTML and scripts) to be short and sweet. However, this is not the only thing to be able to see your site on first page of Google. There are others as well, but if you can just follow the Google guidelines on optimization, your site will surely rank well.
To sum it up all, type Google Guidelines for Optimization on Google and find out how Google wants you to build your website to be indexed easily by Google.
Centex Technologies provides Search Engine Optimization services across globe.