Archive for August, 2012
August 28, 2012
With more than 900 million people having an account on Facebook, any business owner would not disregard the need for Facebook marketing. Although nearly every business seems to have a Facebook page, few are aware of what they should actually be doing to make Facebook work for them. But what’s even more important is knowing what not do while marketing your business on Facebook. Here are the most common bloopers made by business owners on Facebook-
- An incomplete profile- While constantly updating your page is a big part of the game, the basics are what you need to focus on initially. Do not leave fields blank, and instead fill out as much information as you can about your business. It also helps to have the same URL for your Facebook, Twitter, and website pages.
- Violating cover photo rules- The cover photo covers most of the screen when a user first visits your Facebook page, which explains why some users get over-enthusiastic in their attempts to make the most of it. Contact information, call-to-action buttons, and price information (like 40% off) are clearly forbidden in Facebook guidelines.
- Over-posting- With some businesses employing dedicated social media promoters for their Facebook page, they run a risk of overdoing the efforts, and ending up with frustrated followers, who are likely to get irked at the constant updates. It is much better to post something excellent once a day, or even every alternate day, instead of making do with average posts multiple times every day.
- Not giving users enough attention- Most business owners are too busy thinking of what to put up next on their pages, and in the process forget who they are actually doing it for. Appreciate your users’ interaction by responding to comments, not forgetting to tag their names in your comments.
- Posting irrelevant content- Just like on any other social networking site, it is plain silly to attract users with off-brand posts. Sure such posts might generate likes and shares, but at the end of the day it’s all about generating sales.
- Not making use of Facebook ads- Facebook ads have the power of targeting a selected audience, which is rare on any other means of advertising. If you have a Facebook page for your business, you might as well go that extra mile and put out some catchy advertizements.
For more information on how to market your business on facebook and other social networking medium, Call us at our toll free number -(800) 236-1497. We at Centex Technologies provide SEO Services, Internet Marketing, Pay per Click Advertizing services to our clients.
August 13, 2012
Most business owners who wish to have an online presence, but aren’t sure of how to get started, end up facing the dilemma of a customized web design versus a website template. This decision is an important one to make, since it is what determines what your business looks like when a customer first visits your website. The effect of how presentable your website is is similar to that of an office space in the real world. Not only does an attractive and well-built website look professional and credible, but it also makes the browsing experience better for your customers.
Custom web design-
- A customized layout that isn’t being used by any other business.
- Search engine friendly background coding- This can be ensured by hiring an experienced web designer, and will be of immense help in your SEO strategies later on.
- You can tell your website designer of future plans, and ensure that he leaves scope for accommodating them in future, in case you cannot afford them with your current budget.
- You can include any particular features that you would like to have in your website, which is usually not possible with a website template.
- This might be slightly more expensive and time-consuming than a website template.
- If you do not have knowledge of website coding, you will need to have a content management system incorporated into the website.
- These are suitable for companies that wish to have an online presence on a shoestring budget.
- A website template has a much shorter development time than a customized website, which means that you can go live within hours.
- You can make use of the color combinations and layouts in a website template for getting inspiration while designing a customized website.
- The design you choose is already going to be in use by several other companies.
- It is very difficult to incorporate any customized features into a template. Even though you might incorporate some original graphics or content, a template always runs the risk of breaking down.
- If the background coding is not done from a search-engine perspective, this can be detrimental to your SEO efforts in the long run.
- Antiquated coding in a website template might prevent it from working well in all browsers.
Centex Technologies provide Customized Website Design And Development Services in Austin, Dallas and Killeen regions. For more information on the same, feel free to contact on our toll free number – (800) 236-1497
August 6, 2012
Correct and well-formed code is an essential pre-requisite when building a website. The code of your website has a direct impact on how it is indexed by search engines and eventually how high it will rank in search results. This makes proper code structure one of the key considerations for any SEO campaign. You must ensure that tags are well closed and the source code that you specify is not confusing for search engine bots. If you are using open source scripts, both too new and too old scripts are best to be avoided, because while the former might not be recognized by most browsers, the latter is likely to be valid just for a single browser.
By failing to abide by the pre-programmed set of rules that spiders are designed to follow, you can put your website at a risk of being improperly indexed, or even worse, not indexed at all. If your site is not indexed, any amount of SEO efforts cannot help to boost your rankings, which emphasizes on the need for SEO-friendly code. Once your code is correctly formed, you can then concentrate on optimization efforts, without having to worry about technical pitfalls coming in the way. The trick is to keep your code as clean and simple as possible.
You will be amazed at how a well-structured code not just works for your website’s rankings on search engines, but also helps it to work better by improving loading time and increasing multi- browser compatibility. Even though you will find that there are no set rules that go into the creation of a perfect code, especially considering the ever-changing dynamics of ranking algorithms of search engines, every little effort to fine-tune your page will pay greatly in terms of improved rankings.
The following tips will guide you on how to design your website’s code for superior performance as well as search engine optimization-
- Avoid using flash in the website.
- Use H1, H2, etc tags as and when required.
- Webpages created should be readable for search engines.
- Include your most important keywords in the meta tag
- Choose the text of your description carefully, keeping the most relevant part first
- Avoid spamming using hidden keywords unless you want to get banned
- Try to use the keywords in your links, as well as domain name if possible
Centex Technologies is a SEO Service Company engaged in SEO Web Development, SEO Website Design, On Page and Off Page Search Engine Optimization Activities and Internet Marketing serving Austin, Dallas, Killeen and other Central Texas areas. For more information on SEO services in Dallas, call Centex Technologies at toll free no – (800) 236-1497