Archive for July, 2012
July 28, 2012
The measure of success for a restaurant website is that it’s supposed to get people to your restaurant. That’s it. For this, the basic principles are that the website has to be user friendly, easy to go through, have organized information and should exhibit some branding items from the restaurant itself. Your website is supposed to supply the potential customers with vital information regarding the menu, location, charges, expert services etc. The website design for a restaurant is as significant as the interior layout of the restaurant if not more. The website of a restaurant speaks volumes about its character and personality.
Designing Tips For Restaurant Websites
The menu should be clearly visible in the primary navigation or a noticeable button. It’s the first thing a diner will look for when navigating through your website. The menu should be laid out neatly with the prices and appropriate descriptions if any.
Your website should make it easy to track the location of your restaurant. For this, you can offer your visitors free mapping services that they can have direct access to from your website. You can also incorporate a proximity search function if you happen to have many locations. This will help your clients locate restaurants that are nearest to them.
High Quality Pictures
High quality pictures of the dishes you offer will stimulate all the senses of your clients. After all, dining is an activity that involves seeing, smelling, tasting and feeling. Good pictures on your website will help sell your food as well as offer a great description to those browsing through your website. You can take the help of an experienced professional photographer for the job.
Easy Reservations & Orders
Ensure that your preferred method of contract is prominent on your site. The numbers to call and the operating hours for reservations should be clearly mentioned on the website. Mention clearly the need to fill any online forms, requirements for fax orders and the information you will need for fulfilling the order. It should be a hassle-free experience for the client.
Reinforce Your Brand
Building a distinct brand in today’s competitive restaurant industry and standing out can be quite a daunting task. Pay attention to the logos, colors, font choices and graphics you use on your website. They should be recognizable as part of your restaurant.
Keep updating your website with important information about your restaurant. Mention any event, specials or changes in the menu regularly. Your updates could be pleasant little surprises for clients who seek constant growth and change.
Centex Technologies provides Web Development and Website Designing Services in Austin, Dallas and Killeen regions. For more information feel free to call us at our toll free no – (800) 236-1497
July 19, 2012
Geo-targeting is an SEO technique that focuses on making your business location clear to search engines, and hence figuring in searches done in regard to that particular location. This is an especially useful tool for local businesses that do not have a global business set up, and can significantly help to propel you higher on Google. As a user on Google, you have probably noticed that the ads and search results that you see on your web pages are relevant to your location.
Google utilizes its ability to geo-locate to make that possible. When this approach is looked at the other way round, from the point of view of the websites that figure in these search results, the significance of geo-targeting becomes clear.
Enlisted below are a few simple steps that you can take to geo-target your website for Google search-
- Get a country-specific domain, e.g. .com.au, .ca, or .uk to make the country that you are based in instantly clear to Google.
- Make sure that your web hosting server is based in the same country that you are targeting. Some hosting providers may have offices in a certain country, despite actually being based overseas.
- Something as simple as the language that you use on your website can be used to gauge your location. So make an extra effort to ensure that the spellings/ grammar/ colloquialisms in your site’s content reflect your actual location.
- It is always useful to have in-bound links from local customers rather than overseas customers for geo-targeting your website. These could be any form of user-generated content like referrals or testimonials.
- One of the easiest ways to generate local traffic for your website is by submitting your website to local search directories. It is important to look at the directory’s quality and ensure that it is presentable before making a submission.
- Another great way to geo-target your website for Google is to include your name, address, and even pin code on the footer of each page on your website. Be careful not to overcrowd it with multiple addresses, but to create different pages for different locations instead.
- It also helps to include your location in the tag of your website. For instance, you should choose “Texas property dealer” instead of “property dealing services”. This also stands true for other meta content like your website’s title and description.
- You can also utilize Google’s webmaster account to let Google know about the location you wish to serve with your website.
If your potential customers are in your local area, you need to stop wasting time on achieving global search rankings, and make the most of geo-targeting. After all, it is the local customers who will eventually turn into loyal customers!
Centex Technologies is a Central Texas based SEO company that serves Austin, Dallas and Killeen regions. For more information on Internet Marketing in Austin, Dallas and Killeen, feel free to call us at our toll free no – (800) 236-1497
July 12, 2012
Customer satisfaction is amongst the most important considerations that any online retailer needs to make. A little extra effort put into assuring that your customers get what they need and are not disappointed in any way, can go a long way in setting you apart from your competitors. The following tips can help you in improving the support offered to your customers, and leaving them satisfied each time they visit your website.
Provide valuable information - Working on the content that you provide on your website, whether it is about your products and services, or information related to what you offer, is one of the best ways to have satisfied customers. By doing so, you let your customers know that you are knowledgeable about your field, and also give them a reason to revisit your website.
Share information about yourself - Make the maximum use of your “about us” section by giving your customers an insight into who you are, where you are, how you got into this business, and what makes you different from other sites offering similar services. Also include a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section to address common doubts in the minds of your customers, and to let them know how you shall assist them should anything go wrong during or after they make a purchase.
Be helpful and honest – Just having an active online customer support team is not enough. You need to train your customer support representatives to treat each customer with genuine concern, and to look beyond the metrics like turnover rate or wait time. You can also engage in proactive interaction with customers who appear to be in the need of help, like a customer who seems to be revisiting product pages repeatedly, or one who is spending longer-than-average time at checkout. It is equally important to encourage honesty in all interactions.
Under-promise, and over-deliver - Having satisfied customers is all about delivering more than you promise. Take your customers by surprise by giving them unexpected gifts and surprise offers. An easy return policy is also a key factor in customer satisfaction. However, your principal aim should be to enhance customer support at the pre-sale stage to reduce the likelihood of returns in the first place.
With the power of social media being at an all-time high, every small effort that you make towards customer satisfaction will result in an amplified boost to your online reputation. We at Centex Technologies provide Internet Marketing, IT Support, Web Development and Website Designing services to our clients in Austin, Dallas, Killeen and other areas in Central Texas. For more information, feel free to call us at toll free no – (800) 236-1497
July 5, 2012
As an Austin-based business, there are numerous ways that you can benefit from internet marketing. The basic aim remains to get yourself noticed in the online world, and to attain top ranks in search engine results. Here are some useful tips on how you can make that happen by following some simple steps-
- Make sure you have high-quality content on your website- When a user lands on your website, his basic aim is to gain some information, and you must ensure that he isn’t disappointed. Keep updating your website with fresh, relevant, and highly-informative content. Small businesses can benefit a lot from maintaining a blog.
- Get the perfect Meta & ALT tags- The tags of your website have a major role to play in your online visibility. You need to ensure that your title tag is unique, aptly describes the page below it, and uses the keywords that you would like to get searched for by users. If you are a local Austin-based business, it is a good idea to include ‘Austin’ in your title tag.
- Local business submissions- With the revolution that has been brought about by internet marketing, it is no longer enough to simply be listed on a telephone directory. Prospective clients are likely to visit listings of the top ten local businesses directories relevant to the given keywords, look for businesses on social networks, and even use mobile and GPS services to detect relevant businesses to their purpose in Austin. To ensure that you figure in all these searches, you must get your company’s information listed in all the relevant databases.
- Create a Google places page- By creating a Google places page, you can list all the relevant information regarding your business at a single place, and even add photos and videos. The next step is to optimize your page, to ensure that you figure somewhere on the top of search results for the keyword relevant for your business.
- Hire an SEO expert- Even though you might be able to take care of the major factors that affect your ranking on search engines, an SEO expert would help to fine-tune your efforts, and push you even higher on Google and other search engines, which remains the top goal of any internet marketing campaign.
We at Centex Technologies provide SEO Services, Internet Marketing Services, Web Development and Designing to our clients in Austin, Dallas, Killeen and other Central Texas areas. For more information feel free to call us at (800) 236-1497