June 7, 2012
The key to effective web development is to be clear about the results that you expect from your website, right from the get go. An ideal website is one that is made with a precise vision of the purpose that it intends to serve, grasps the attention of its users, and is search-engine friendly. Discussed below, are the key steps involved in web development-
- Collect information that is relevant to your site- This is the first, and most basic step that you need to take to get started with web development. “Content is the king”, and with a strong backup of relevant content, you’re all set to get started.
- Carry out a domain name research- The domain name that you choose for your website is a critical factor in determining its popularity. Choose one that’s simple, easy to remember, relevant to what your website offers, does not infringe on copyrights, and ends with a dot com suffix.
- Research your competitor websites-Before getting started with your website, look into the top-ranking and most successful websites that turn up for the keywords that you are targeting. Carefully observe what they are doing right, and smartly incorporate it into your website.
- Choose the right title for your website- Once you have decided on your website domain name, the next step is to choose a title that concisely describes what your website offers.
- Choose the right website host- Research for the right host for your website, looking for one that is flexible in its server types, has an easy control panel, is available for customer support, and does not have blackholed IP’s in its network.
- Categorize and tag your website- While this is an essential step to making your website search engine friendly, the main purpose of doing it is to make it easier for your users to navigate.
- Submit your website to search engines- Once you are confident about the design of your website, and have implemented critiques from knowledgeable friends and acquaintances, you are now ready to take the plunge into the world of search engines by submitting your website on them. Review your submission after 3-4 months to see how you are faring.
Once you are done with the process, you can start with regular SEO tasks for link popularity building. For more information on creating SEO friendly Website Design, call us at Centex Technologies – Killeen (254-213-4740) or Dallas (972-851-7878) Office.