Archive for June, 2012
June 28, 2012
Internet marketing has revolutionized the very definition of “marketing” as the experts in the field knew it. Contrary to what some may think, it is not enough to merely build a website, but what is actually important is to attract relevant users to it, and convert visits into sales. That is what internet marketing is all about, and here are the top mistakes that are made by website owners:
- Not blogging and sending out regular newsletters- Blogs and newsletters are among the most efficient ways of reaching out to your users, and building your credibility. Forgetting to be regular with them, or simply being too lazy about it is a major internet marketing mistake.
- Having insufficient calls-to-action- Users have come to your website, but once they are there, they are bombarded with an elaborate design, blocks of text, and flashy images. But not enough clear and simple calls-to-action that will actually lead them to your products or services. Make use of simple designs and contrasting colors to grab the attention of users within seconds of them arriving on your website.
- Having a disjointed strategy- While it is great to have separate teams working on various aspects of your marketing strategy, like social media, online campaigns, SEO, etc., it is equally important to ensure that they work in sync with each other, and that there is a common link running between all of them.
- Not checking performance often enough- There is a lot more than tweaking your website or updating products that you need to do in order to have a clear idea of what’s working and what’s not for your website. You need to track performance of your internet marketing campaign and this should be done on weekly basis if possible. Based on the results you should modify your action plan.
- Ignoring SEO – Ranking high on search engines is one of the best strategies that can yield you high return on investment. SEO not only get you traffic from search engines but also adds to your authority in the industry. Ignoring Search Engine Optimization is one of the major mistakes that web masters make.
- Short term strategies – Short term marketing strategies like luring users with false offers might give you temporary success, but in the long run, it will just wreak havoc over your online reputation. In the internet marketing world, always place authenticity above all else!
We at Centex Technologies serves Austin, Dallas & Killeen areas to provide SEO services, Internet Marketing Solutions, Web Development and Website Designing. For more information, feel free to call us at (800) 236-1497
June 20, 2012
A little thought into designing your website can go a long way in making visitors come back to your website again and again. It’s very easy to create pages that frustrate your visitors even though you do not intend to do so. Visitors who are annoyed are likely to click off without seeing what you have to offer. This is where a few tips on designing your website might be helpful. Those interested in making websites for their businesses in Dallas, might find the following points quite helpful.
Keeping the website use- friendly is very important. For this, ensure that that your web pages are pretty fast to browse through. They should be short but not too short. The pages should give the users what they are looking for quickly without frustrating them. Also the pages should be attractive but not distracting.
It should be easy for the user to navigate through your web page. All important links should be at prominent places. Preferably-right on top. Make use of menus on the right and left. No matter how great your content or products are, if the users can’t find what they are looking for, they will get discouraged fast and look elsewhere.
Tips from friends
Get some tips from your friends and find out what they have to say about your website. Encourage them to send comments, criticisms, and complaints about your site.
Prominent local symbols
When creating a website, try to include some prominent local location maps in it. This will make it easier for the users to find what they are looking for in the blink of an eye and they will want to visit your site for its convenience. In addition to this, you can also use prominent local symbols. It will be easier for users to associate with the site.
Spellings and grammar
Make it a point to give due consideration on the spelling and grammar on your website. People judge websites by the quality of the writing, spelling and grammar errors. Getting the website designed from a good website designing company will take care of such factors.
Designing a website on your own can be quite a daunting task. It’s advisable to hire a good website design company for maximum impact on the users. Such a web design and development company knows what the average internet user is looking for in a website.
Centex Technologies is a Dallas, Killeen and Austin Web Development Company which provides Website Designing, SEO, and Internet Marketing services to its clients. For more information on our services, call us at Killeen (254-213-4740) or Dallas (972-851-7878) Office
June 12, 2012
Google’s recent announcement of merging Google plus with Google Places has come as a shock to many web masters and Internet Marketing specialists. Couple of weeks back, Google launched Google plus Local Pages and integrated the Google Places Business Listings into its Google plus social network. Even though some business owner seems to be disoriented by the change, it is believed that the change will make things simpler for everyone in the long run. Business owners can still use Google Places to manage their business information while users can rate, review and upload photos related to the business through Google plus Local. For web users, the best part about Google plus Local is that they have access to personalized recommendations and can take advantage of the same while selecting a local business.
One of the major changes that will be seen in Google plus Local Pages is the design layout of business listings. In addition to this, the integration of Zagat reviews and a “circles filter” make it all the more appealing. The circles filter helps you find reviews and recommendations from friends/family/colleagues etc while Zagat reviews will ensure that the business reviews are more personal and genuine.
Google plus Local Pages are also integrated across Google properties. Users will be able to discover Google plus Local pages through a search on Google.com, Google Maps, in mobile apps or through a search on Google plus. This will make Google plus a great local search destination with much better content and more user-friendly functionality. Users will be able to sort and filter search results in terms of “your circles” which will instantly let them get in touch with places “touched” by friends and family. The Google plus Local pages are visually more interesting than the ones of old versions of Google Places. Users can indulge in social interactions like on Facebook and Twitter and business owners can take advantage of the same by interacting with their customers at a more personal level. No doubt, people will enjoy the perks of using Google Local Listings as usual with the additional benefits of richer pages and Zagat ratings.
For Internet Marketing, SEO and Google plus Local Optimization, feel free to call us at Centex Technologies (Killeen (254-213-4740) or Dallas (972-851-7878) Office). We provide SEO, Internet Marketing, Web Development services to our client in Austin, Dallas and other locations.
June 7, 2012
The key to effective web development is to be clear about the results that you expect from your website, right from the get go. An ideal website is one that is made with a precise vision of the purpose that it intends to serve, grasps the attention of its users, and is search-engine friendly. Discussed below, are the key steps involved in web development-
- Collect information that is relevant to your site- This is the first, and most basic step that you need to take to get started with web development. “Content is the king”, and with a strong backup of relevant content, you’re all set to get started.
- Carry out a domain name research- The domain name that you choose for your website is a critical factor in determining its popularity. Choose one that’s simple, easy to remember, relevant to what your website offers, does not infringe on copyrights, and ends with a dot com suffix.
- Research your competitor websites-Before getting started with your website, look into the top-ranking and most successful websites that turn up for the keywords that you are targeting. Carefully observe what they are doing right, and smartly incorporate it into your website.
- Choose the right title for your website- Once you have decided on your website domain name, the next step is to choose a title that concisely describes what your website offers.
- Choose the right website host- Research for the right host for your website, looking for one that is flexible in its server types, has an easy control panel, is available for customer support, and does not have blackholed IP’s in its network.
- Categorize and tag your website- While this is an essential step to making your website search engine friendly, the main purpose of doing it is to make it easier for your users to navigate.
- Submit your website to search engines- Once you are confident about the design of your website, and have implemented critiques from knowledgeable friends and acquaintances, you are now ready to take the plunge into the world of search engines by submitting your website on them. Review your submission after 3-4 months to see how you are faring.
Once you are done with the process, you can start with regular SEO tasks for link popularity building. For more information on creating SEO friendly Website Design, call us at Centex Technologies – Killeen (254-213-4740) or Dallas (972-851-7878) Office.