Archive for February, 2010
Feb 28, 2010
Security is of utmost concern now days. To tackle the issues with security, there are a variety of security systems for homes, offices and all types of buildings available in the market. Not just choosing the right kind of security system device is important but also proper planning and device installations is equally important. Compiled below is a list of a few of the many systems that are available for security needs of individuals as well as groups.
- Motion sensor security systems: Motion sensors are those kinds of security systems that detect any kind of movement in the home or on the property, when turned on. In a few cases, these systems use infrared light that detects changes in heat, bringing into use the concept of body heat. High frequency waves are another form of motion sensor.
- Acoustic sensor security systems: These sensors work on the phenomenon of minute sound detection like the sound of breaking glass. These sensors are made use of in homes and offices etc, near doors and windows which make use of glasses and house valuables. They are also extensively made use of in museums and exhibitions where valuable items are displayed in glass cases.
- Wireless security systems: These security systems as the name suggests, are wireless in nature i.e. free of any kind of chords or wires which may give up the security device before the thief. There are no wires which need to be hidden or done away with somehow. These wireless systems do not cause any hassle in installation, maintenance and utilization due to this quality of theirs.
- Digital security systems: These are the most widely used and the most efficient kind of security systems. The principle behind their working is coding-uncoding. These can be made use of to guard a particular area or any specific valuable item, for example, safes and vaults. These security devices need to be provided with a security code or a password which will be required to put in every time one needs to access them.
- Thumb print security systems: These security systems are generally used for doors and work by taking into account the thumb impression of individuals to be allowed entry. For operation, every time one needs to enter through that door, the same thumb impression would be required. It is mostly used for access to firms/companies to allow access to only employees and keep out outsiders.
For all kind of security devices and systems, Contact Centex Technologies. We provide state-of-the-art electronic security system in Killeen, Central Texas.
Feb 22, 2010
Search engine optimization refers to a method of increasing the volume and improving the quality of traffic to a website from search engines. The phenomenon working behind this methodology is that the higher the website on the search engine results list, the more viewership it will get. SEO basically involves editing the content, HTML and coding of the website concerned and performing various other technical operations. Here are a few advantages of optimizing your website :
Competitive edge: High rank in search engine results definitely gives your firm/company an easy edge over all your competitors. SEO is the process which is aimed at generating top ranks on various search engines. If a customer interested in a product offered by your company comes across your website before laying his/her eyes upon the website of your competitors, the chances of you beating down your rival competing company in the sale of the product increase manifold. The customer is less likely to look for the other companies prevailing in the market which offer the same products. Thus, search engine optimization gives you an easy edge in competition with your competitors.
Expansion of customer base and target audience: The name of your company flashing in the top 10 i.e. the first page or so of the display results of the search engine query leads to expansion of your customer base and a rise in the count of your target audience. Any random web surfer might become interested in products and services offered by your company and without any prior interest, may get motivated to purchase them. This will act as a bonus in your kitty as it leads to increasing your purchase and your profits. SEO also increases the target audience of your company manifold.
Boost sales: It is a proven fact that the display of your products and services through search engine results is much more likely to generate a sale as compared to online advertising on different sites. The company tends to get a lot of positive publicity in this manner. Getting on top ranks of a search engine attracts many new customers. We have seen many companies becoming multi-million dollar businesses only from sales through search engines.
Saves time, money and effort: Unlike paid advertising, SEO is cost effective solution for generating sales. As the number of users on Search Engines is quite high, the ROI for SEO is pretty attractive.
Search engine optimization is the easiest and most affordable way of generating sales from your website. In case you are looking for a way to boost the profits of your company manifold, optimize your website now. We at Centex Technologies provide state-of-the-art Search Engine Optimization services.
Feb 15, 2010
With expansion of business, there is a need of an intelligent and fast network of computers within a workplace. For that careful planning is required. Even when you have your network ready, you may encounter few networking issues in daily life. Here I have jotted down common networking issues encountered and methods to solve them.
Duplication of IP addresses : Every computer or a laptop on a network has a IP address. This is a unique set of numbers used to identify a particular machine. At times due to human error, two machines in the same network can get assigned the same IP address as a result “IP conflict” can occur which may hamper performance of those two machine on the network. To tackle that, all you need to do is to change IP address to make it unique within your network.
Problem in connectivity : Connectivity problem is the most common problem encountered in any network. It can occur due to number of causes ranging from loose connection to improper configuration of hubs, switches or routers. First thing to be done when you encounter connectivity problem is to check for the networking connection for your PC. If there is any disconnection, you will need to reconnect and test it. After checking the physical connections of your computer, check if common device’s (switch, hub or router) cabling is properly connected and you can view green light at the connection port. If there is still connectivity problem, then you may need to configure hub, router or switch as the case may be.
Software-related problems : Once all the physical aberrations have been taken care of, but your network is still not responding; you need to check the network for any kind of a software related problem which might range from WINS, DNS to even registry issues. You may need to alter the configuration or reinstall the software that has malfunctioned.
Slow connectivity : If you notice that your network is taking exceptionally long to function and the speed is very slow, it might be resulting from numerous network collisions. In poorly planned networks, this problem is quite frequent as the network gets flooded due to excessive simultaneous transfer of data and information. This problem can be tackled by using zipped and compressed files and folders to transfer heavy data and by using data travelers. This reduces the pressure from the networks and boosts its speed and functioning.
These are few common networking issues that are encountered in daily life. For expert networking solutions feel free to contact Centex Technologies. At Centex Technologies (Based in Killeen, Central Texas) we provide networking and system maintenance solutions to individuals, corporates and businesses.
Feb 7, 2010
Websites have revolutionized the way we used to do business. Since inception of Ecommerce and search engines, we are more and more using web applications to shop products or to avail websites. A proper, up-to-date and well maintained website provides an insight into the reliability, concept, quality and standard of any firm, business or enterprise. Regular checking and quality assurance are must-haves in website maintenance. Here are a few tips for efficient website maintenance and must be kept in mind:
- Necessity checks: The first thing to be taken care of is to regularly check the need and requirement of each item on your website. It not only prevents unnecessary efforts required in maintenance of things which are not required; but also keeps the website crisp, accurate and to the mark for the viewer.
- User testing: Test your website extensively for any errors and functionality. This has to be done before you start promoting your website.
- Maintaining content: The contents of the website must be continuously updated to match the latest developments. The content must be gone through thoroughly before as well as after uploading it to the website. Outdated content must be continuously checked for and removed without fail.
- Provide information: Ensure that you provide all the vital information about the firm or the enterprise or the concept on which the website is based. Introduce the firm and make available all vital statistics.
- Suggestions: Always make sure to add the option of viewers’ suggestions in the website page so that viewers can post in their suggestions, expectations for future and opinions on the site. This will eventually lead to higher levels of customer satisfaction and bring more viewership as well as higher rating to the website.
- Rival websites: Always keep a track of the latest developments and updates on the websites of your rival firms and companies in order to learn from them and improve your own website so as to make it the best in the market.
- Check links: Keep all the URL links under constant check. Any change in a related URL must be tracked. In case the URL expires, make sure to update the name and URL address. It brings negative publicity and opinions to have expired web links on your website.
- Proof-reading: Always get your websites professionally proof-read to ensure that there are no spelling or grammatical errors. Small errors like misspent words or errors in grammar bring doubts upon the credibility of the website. Thus proof-reading is a must do for the entire content of the website.
Thus, the above mentioned are a few important points that must be paid heed to in order to create and maintain a good and reliable website. A regular, scheduled maintenance and analysis of your website, after creation, using the above techniques might prove integral to the success and popularity of the website.